ALUMINUM-THE RIGHT CHOICE
Alumiro’s Aluminium frames which are the same in applications from residential to commercial, offer 6 key advantages that make it the ideal choice for beautiful window or door frames:
Aluminium is the strongest material used and will not be affected by changes in temperature and does not:
- An EPDM rubber strip in our aluminum window and door profiles designed for North American weather conditions create a thermal break making them highly thermally efficient.
- Less conductivity of cold or heat
- Tested for wind, air, water and structural performance
- Certified by NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) and AAMA (American Architectural Manufacturers Association)
- Our aluminum frames with our thermal break combined with either double or triple glazed window or door glass create an excellent sound barrier.
- The melting temperature of aluminum is high which lowers the time it takes to damage these windows during a fire.
- Powder coated frames offer long life and less fading.
- Clean with warm soapy water to keep them looking new
- No need to be repainted and the colour will not fade over time.
- Powder coated aluminium also does not corrode, discolour, rot or warp.
- Beautiful slim frames available with powder coated colours (3 standard colour choices: Black, White & Silver over 200 optional colours, require one week extra) that give a flawlessly smooth finish creating windows of the highest quality.
- We offer a range of styles to suit your creativity, including casement, awning, push out plus tilt and turn windows.
- High flexibility Aluminum allows you to create unique window shapes without losing the characteristics of the aluminum metal.
6mm Tempered Glass
Most window manufacturers use 3, 4 or 5mm glass, at Alumiro we use 6mm glass in our dual pane windows and doors ensuring a stronger window which gives you lower energy costs and better security as well as significantly reducing noise levels. To create tempered glass, the glass is subjected to a thermal process call ‘pre-tensioning’ where the glass plates are heated to 650 degrees and quickly cooled and then shocked. This shocking creates a long-lasting tension structure in the glass.
- 6mm tempered glass is 5X stronger than 6mm regular glass
- 4 to 5 times more flexible compared to non-tempered glass
- More resistance to temperature changes
- Better noise reduction
- It is less likely to bow or warp under high stress
- Higher security and less costly
- Higher energy savings
Low-E glass is created by depositing a microscopically thin, transparent metal or metallic oxide layer on the glass which reflects the heat back to the inside, reducing the radiant heat loss through the glass. The reverse happens during the summer.
- Energy Efficient, reduces heat loss by up to 50%
- Long term cost saving, decreases heating expenses
- Does not reduce natural daylight or transparency
- Ensures maximum benefit from solar heat
- Protects against UV radiation by over 68% reducing the sun’s aging and fading effects
- Double or triple glazed windows are filled with argon gas between each pane.
- Argon gas’ thermal conductivity is 67% lower than air, reducing the U-value of double or triple glazed windowseven further.
- Argon is a colourless, odourless gas, is not harmful in any way and it is a non-reactive, inert gas.
- This ensures that the windows and doors will stay effective for a longer amount of time (20+ years).
Triple Glazed Windows and Doors
Triple glazing is 24% more efficient with a U factor rating of 0.99 compared to 1.3 for the best double glazing. Upgrading from old double glazing to triple glazing, you can expect 60% more energy efficiency.
- Triple glazing offers three panes of 4 mm glass with a non-conductive spacer between each pane with each cavity filled with Argon gas providing a better thermal layer, higher performance, durability and sound proofing.
- Our triple glazed product also comes with Low-E coating on two surfaces
- Three standard colours available for your windows or doors: choices: Black, White & Silver.
- Over 200 special colours which are available on request (require extra time to prepare), allowing you to match your windows and doors seamlessly.
Window and Door Warranty
Curtain Wall Warranty